The first trailer for The Hunger Games: Catching Fire was released earlier this week, and though it doesn’t actually show a lot of what the whole film will contain, it shows enough to tide us over until the next trailer comes along. [Read more...]
A few weeks have passed since my last compilation post of movie rentals, and I should be ashamed at my lack of movie watching, but I have still spent a large percentage of my time wisely! We’re talking playing The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword on that stupid Wii and rewatching all three previous seasons of Parks and Recreation on Netflix. So yeah, all was not for naught. With that said, I knew you guys would be wandering around your favorite rental store, kiosk, or internet site without my help in possible choices, so here we go. [Read more...]
The film opens in the present day with an old man named Jacob lost at the circus as his son has failed to meet him there. Jacob heads inside with the circus manager to help him find his way home when they begin to discuss Jacob’s background in the circus. Flash back to depression era America where we see Jacob about to graduate from vet school at Cornell when a family tragedy leads him onto the rail road tracks looking for a new direction in life. Stowing on the first train he sees, Jacob finds himself on the Benzini Brothers Circus transport and is quickly thrust into a job shoveling dung in trade for a night on the train. When introduced to the ringmaster, August, Jacob reveals his veterinary background as he is about to be escorted off the train and is immediately taken under August’s wing as a smart and decent friend to have around the circus. Jacob and August’s relationship becomes a complex one as Jacob is introduced to shady ways of the circus and as Jacob and August’s wife, Marlena grow closer.
Will Smith’s newest blockbuster works really well for about 75% of the time and the other 25% is just good. Robert Neville is the last human in NYC, is accompanied by his German Sheppard Sam as they hunt for food and go through their daily routine everyday during the daylight. At night they are forced to lock themselves in their home and hope that the vampire like creatures that roam in the darkness do not find and break in to their house. [Read more...]